Russia’s decision to withdraw troops has eased tension in Ukraine
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops pullback which has eased tension in Ukraine, but he said troops would be pressed to service at the last resort.
- He also said Russia has the right to protect its interests and Russian speaking population in Ukraine at any cost but won’t try to annex Crimea.
- Meanwhile G8 countries intend to impose economic sanctions except Germany which is favouring diplomatic talks between Ukraine and Russia.
- Germany is the largest importer of Natural Gas from Russia among EU countries and any sanctions on Russia would jeopardize German interests.
- US is also pushing so that Germany can persuade Russia for diplomatic resolution of the dispute.
- Geopolitics in Eurasia
- Energy demand in the World
- Back Channel Diplomacy