Moscow’s peace plan
- Russia drew up a 5 point plan for constitutional reform in Ukraine, after the West pleaded for an amicable solution over Ukraine crisis.
- The provisions are :
- make Ukraine a federal state with a neutral political & military status
- regions in Ukraine would enjoy broad autonomy in social, economic, cultural & foreign trade policy
- Russian to be made the second official language of Ukraine
- recognition of Crimean referendum on rejoining Russia
- Donetsk, Kharkiv and Lugansk regions are also demanding right to self-determination through local referendums.
- Ukraine crisis
- Crimean Referendum
- Right to self-determination