- Pro-Russian protesters who had seized govt headquarters at Donetsk, Kharkiv and Lugansk proclaiming their independence from Ukraine have been evicted and many have been detained by the army and national guard forces deployed by Kiev.
- US believes Russia has instigated this unrest to serve as a pretext for military intervention as was seen in Crimea & threatened to slap further sanctions against Russian banks, energy and mining industry if they did not refrain from interfering in Ukraine.
- Russia alleged Ukranian Greystone private army to contain disguised American mercenaries. It also warned Ukraine against the use of force to douse the protests saying this would lead to a civil war.
- Russia said that it was ready to take part in 4-party talks involving Ukraine, EU, U.S. & the protestors and stressed on the need for a deep & transparent constitutional reform involving all political forces and regions that would make Ukraine a federative non-bloc state.
- Ukraine Crisis
- Referendum in Ukrainian Regions
- 4 Party Talks