- Russia has warned that it will stop U.S. inspections of its military armaments in retaliation for American sanctions in a sign of escalating deadlock over the Ukraine crisis.
- Russia wants U.S to discuss while US wants Russia to sober its Ukraine stand.
- Obama threatened to order a visa ban, assets arrest & other sanctions against Russia.
- In turn Russia warned that they would pass a bill to seize the western companies’ assets and Russia’s Foreign Minister stated the current deadlock in Ukraine was due to failure to promote the peace accord.
- Obama informed Russia to form a ‘contact group’ to bride the gap & restore Ukraine’s territorial integrity but Russia refused to do so.
- The third attempt made by Military observers from Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) went in vain.
- Ukraine crisis
- Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)