Russia-U.S. tensions hit Syria
- Russia accused USA for attempting a regime change in the Levantine state of Syria, a fallout of tensions among U.S and Russia over Ukraine.
- Russian Foreign Ministry accused USA of disregarding diplomacy in the Syrian crisis after it decided to close Syrian embassy in Michigan and Texas.
- Owing to this unilateral move the American partners were shying from their role of co-sponser of political regulation in Syria.
- Syria slammed U.S decision as violation of Vienna Convention of Diplomatic Relations.
- The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) observed that the Syrian government is destroying its stockpile of lethal chemical weapons (removed 45.6% so far) including entire mustard gas. 2 shipments with deadly arsenal are loaded aboard Norwegian and Danish vessels from port city of Latakia, for destruction outside Syria.
- Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- Vienna Convention of Diplomatic Relations
- Levant Region
- Chemical Weapons Convention