- The new leaders in Ukraine have permitted an arrest warrant for Mr. Yanukovych and his officials who were held responsible for “mass murder” of civilians during anti-government protests.
- Mr.Yanukovych took protection from Russia, stated that he is still “the legitimate head of the Ukrainian state” &requested Moscow to protect him from extremists & critizied radical nationalists for their unconstitutional act.
- He stated that Ukraine Parliament’s decision is unlawful and will be proved ineffectual.
- Lawmakers plan to hold a ballot on independence from the central government in Kiev.
- The President of the Crimean Parliament in Simferopol decided to hold an “All-Crimea referendum” on improving the status of the autonomous republic.
- Simferopol, where armed pro-Russian forces took control of the regional parliament, demanded a vote on secession from Ukraine.
- In Kiev, Ukraine’s Parliament voted for the new government after getting the approval from the protesters.
- Ukrainian crisis