- Although Russia has questioned the legitimacy of the Presidential elections to be held in Ukraine amidst chaos and civil war, it has said that it will respect the results of the elections and work with the elected representatives.
- Russia also blamed the coup against President Viktor Yanukovych, backed by America and Europe as the reason behind the current crisis plaguing Ukraine.
- It also hoped that Kiev would halt the intense military operations against the rebels in the eastern provinces.
- Meanwhile, a video shot by a Ukrainian soldier has emerged which shows evidences of Ukrainian ultranationalist militia killing Ukrainian soldiers for refusing to attack the rebels and taking part in the crackdown.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/well-respect-presidential-vote-result-putin/article6042911.ece