EU blacklists more Russians
- Adding to European Union’s existing sanction list of 21 high-ranking Russians and Crimeans, EU included another 12 names including people within Russian President Mr.Putin’s inner circle. Some names overlap with U.S. President Obama’s released list.
- The German Chancellor Angela called it as “stage two” of punitive measures against Russia.
- French President Hollande warned that there will be further sanctions if there are illegitimate claims, troop build up and threats.
- A new trade agreement with Ukraine will be signed. The EU will increasing its aid package to Ukraine in addition to an an International Monetary Fund package.
- European Commission, the EU’s executive arm, will add 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) to previously approved 610 million euros in budget for Ukraine support.
- Russian Deputy Premier Dmitri Mr.Rogozin dismissed the measures stating that the sanctions aren’t worth a grain of sand of the Crimean land that returned to Russia.
- Ukraine crisis