- 956 industries polluting Ganga industrial units comprising chemical units, paper and pulp units, distilleries etc are being examined for their state of affairs.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has ordered that the 956 units be examined to find out which of them are seriously polluting the river notices are sent out by the Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board (UPPCB).
- As per NGT and UPPCB immediate steps are taken to find out which industries are polluting the river, Central Pollution Control Board [CPCB] and UPPCB officers will examine this and submit a report to Tribunal
- They will examine the industries to find out about the anti-pollution devices, prescribed parameters under Air Act and the Water Act and other factors of pollutants
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/956-industries-polluting-ganga/article5987815.ece
- Clean Ganga Mission
- Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)