- The restoration work of the historical Kalas Mahal has been finalized, and is expected to commence from next week. It was ravaged by fire before two years.
- Kalas Mahal is the Indo-Saracenic construction, which is the part of the popular Chepauk Palace in Chennai. This historical structure of 1768 has also been recognized as the Grade I Heritage Building.
- Given to its historical importance, the restoration work is expected to intensive and laborious, and will have to be done by skilled workers and architects.
- However, the plan for restoration must be flexible enough to adapt to the changes, because what is planned on paper might not be feasible when the actual work is being done on the ground.
- Indo-Sarcenic architecture