- India accounts for 1 million fresh cases of cancer patients every year and 6 % of adult deaths
- By 2035 death rate likely to go up to 1.2 million, according to Lancet Oncology Journal papers
- Two-third of deaths happen in age category of 30-69 years. 50 % of cases relate to lung, oral cavity of men, breast, cervix cancer.
- Tobacco causes 40 % of cancers in India. 275 million (35 % adults and 14.1 % children) use smokeless tobacco
- More cases of cervical cancer (22.7/100,000) than breast cancer in Tamil Nadu
- In Kerala 243 out of every 100,000 persons suffer from oral cancer. Bidi, chewing tobacco main cause
- In Delhi 215 out of every 100,000 women suffer from gall bladder cancer.
- State of Cancers in India