- Ms.Baroness Warsi, recently resigned as a Minister in the David Cameron-led government in protest against its Palestine policy and Gaza killings.
- She said that the British government must recognise Palestine as a state and stop its sale of arms to Israel,and that it will not win the next elections because it has alienated ethnic minorities.
- The largest demonstration was organised by ‘Stop the War Coalition’ in the U.K. for Gaza as a “day of rage” against the killing of civilians in Israeli bombing and called on the British government to implement an immediate embargo on arms sales to Israel.
- These Protests were held in Manchester, Edinburgh and Dublin; and in Paris, Rome, and South Africa.
- “If the occupation of Palestine by Israel is ugly, then the resistance will not be pretty either,” opined Tariq Ali, writer, journalist and anti-war activist & stated that the idea of “equivalence” or that Israel was only retaliating against Hamas’s aggression was a farce.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ recognise-palestine-embargo- israel/article6302235.ece