- Amidst Kiev’s struggling attempts to regain control over the eastern regions and the rebels’ vow to disrupt presidential elections, gun fight ensued between the two parties.
- Rebels forcefully entered a border post with Russia in Donetsk where an important leader was held by Ukranian authorities.
- 100 Ukrainian troops switched sides over to the rebels.
- Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe urged all sides to maintain peace but eastern leaders were not invited to even the second round of talks.
- Russia demanded that military actions by Ukraine be put to an end immediately, and questioned the legitimacy of the Presidential elections as it was being held amid escalating tension within the country.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/separatist-leaders-vow-to-disrupt-ukraine-presidential-poll/article6021333.ece
- Ukraine crisis