- Department of Food, Supplies & Consumer Affairs raided over fair price shops (FSP) to check irregularities and have stopped 1.7 lakh cards suspecting bogus.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Card, Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card, Jhuggi Ration Card (JRC), Resettlement Colony Ration Card (RCRC) and APL (Above Poverty Line) stamped card are a few card which are already in use and around 10% of them are bogus.
- Mainly APL cards category are suspected to bogus and notices with details of the suspicious cards have been put up at the fair price shops to which they are attached to.
- The delivery of ration has been stopped since last month for suspected card holders and the department is taking several measures to curb this issue from the scratch
- Few FPS have most numbers of ration cards and higher the allotment of special food articles, the higher the probability of stealing the provisions.
- Some FPS have requested in de-sealing the shops and these requests would be agreed after the shops are properly inspected and the same team will who conducted raids would visit the sealed shops again.