Whistleblowers Protection Bill Passed
- The Whistleblower’s Protection Bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha. It will set the standard system that will encourage individuals to expose information on corruption or on willful abuse of power by Ministers and public servants.
- Whistleblower’s act aims to provide ample protection to individuals who report any kind of corruption or activity that causes demonstrable loss to the nation, by public servants or ministers.
- It has provisions to set forth an inquiry based on those disclosures, and it also provides provisions to safeguard the whistleblowers against victimisation.
- It will however penalize individuals for making any frivolous or false complaints. This law would be supplementary for RTI Act, with the sole aim of keeping the corruption in check.
- Whistleblower’s Protection Bill
- Right to Information Act