Conciliation will continue: Rajapaksa
- Sri Lanka categorically rejected the UNHRC Resolution ordering a war crimes probe for the following reasons :
- it is going ahead with its own reconciliation process
- new one would hurt its present efforts
- Sri lanka drew comfort from India’s abstention & considered it a diplomatic victory
- violation of its sovereignty
- President Rajapakse opined that the home-grown LLRC (Lessons Learnt Reconciliation Commission) had already made sweeping recommendations for ethnic unity.
- U.S. had mounted a major campaign to gather support for the censure motion.
- LLRC (Lessons Learnt Reconciliation Commission)