- The Indian Railway Ministry will soon be launching 61 escalators and air conditioned EMU services.
- States like Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh will also be a part of the rail map, soon after the completion of Dudhnoi-Mehendipathar and Harmati-Naharlagun new lines.
- The 510 kilometers long Rangiya-Murkongselek section will be converted to broad gauge, which will be highly beneficial for the people from the northeastern part of India.
- Two premium trains from Chennai and Delhi will be launched to cope with the heavy rush in the north east region of the country.
- In view of the fire accidents that took place recently, the Railway Ministry is planning on implementing multi-leveled safety measures like using fire extinguishers in the air-conditioned coaches, and well protected circuits.
- These trains will have proper pantry and guard vans. Also, electric induction cookers will replace the inflammable LPG cooking appliances.
- Railway Budget
- Railway Safety