- International Environment Sustainability Project Olympiad (INESPO) was held at Netherlands and students from Vivekananda Secondary School in Puttur, Dakshina Kannada won the bronze medal
- Goutham D., 15, and his classmate Sagar M. were thrilled and exited to visit the other countries participants and especially from Pakistan.
- Goutham and Sagar, Class 10 were among the five teams from India and the project was on treating vegetable pests using Tinospora Gordifolia (Amrutaballi in Kannada)
- The students gathered more information from the net on the plant and its features and experimented spraying powdered dry Amritaballi leaves on vegetables which was a failure and later tried extraction of Amritaballi juice and spraying it on the leaves which was successful
- The students visited to Parliament in Netherlands and interaction with their MPs and visit to the museum that had variety of information.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/putturs-innovative-young-minds-return-with-sweet-memories-from-netherlands/article6116268.ece
- International Environment Sustainability Project Olympiad (INESPO)