- The Punjab government has issued notification for creation of a nodal agency to supervise the cases registered under the NDPS Act for faster assessment
- This nodal agency will operate under the chairmanship of Additional Director-General of Police (Crime), and would have all Zonal Police Commissioners as its members and DIG (Crime) as member Secretary
- The agency will take measures to ensure that the investigating officers do not have any discretion in such cases. Also, it will issue instructions to all investigating officers for expeditious disposal of the cases.
- The agency will submit progress report regarding disposal of cases under Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act to the Home Department after every two months. The report will be reviewed at the level of Principal Secretary and Secretary (Home)
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/punjab-govt-to-form-agency-for-supervising-ndps-cases/article6010441.ece