- Protests and cry for referendum spread out to other neighboring provinces of the eastern provinces of Ukraine where the protesters gave the government an ultimatum of two days to accept their demands or face increased protests.
- The Mayor of one of the eastern provinces is critically injured after being shot by an unidentified sniper.
- China maintained its stand saying it is opposed to the sanctions being imposed on Russia as it won’t serve in peaceful negotiation of the current situation.
- In response to the sanctions imposed against it by US, Russia has threatened to penalize US companies operating in Russia, dump US treasuries and speed up its shift in its foreign trade from the dollar to national currencies.
- The Ukraine Forum on Asset Recovery was set up by and consisting representatives of the UK and US, supported by its western allies, to recover the assets stolen under the regime of ousted President Viktor Yanukovych. This is to make it difficult for corrupts individuals and their regimes around the world to move, hide and profit from the proceeds of their crime.
- Read at:
todays-paper/tp-international/ west-backs-kiev-bid-to- recover-stolen-assets/ article5958091.ece
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thehindu.com% 2Ftodays-paper%2Ftp- international%2Fsniper-wounds- kharkiv-mayor% 2Farticle5958085.ece&sa=D& sntz=1&usg= AFQjCNHHT2N7DbzH9fdw7XS3GOR8vH uUFA
- Ukraine Crisis
- Geneva Agreement on Ukraine
- Movement for autonomy in Ukraine