- DoT stresses creation of corpus to encourage indigenous research, entrepreneurship, development, commercialisation of telecom products
- Modern telecom products, services to be developed, deployed, during 12 Plan period (2012-2017), financial support for the same being arranged
- It also wants to put in place appropriate financial incentives required for indigenous manufacturers of products and R&D institutions.
- DoT visualised addition of value to existing telecom sector from 45 to 65 per cent in 2017 and 2020 respectively,
- DoT also to evolve better secured mobile operating system for SIM cards having improved security by March 2015
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/prioritise-domestic-players-dot/article6006883.ece