- Delhi High Court puts in backburner Centre’s policy making it mandatory for private hospitals to arrange for free treatment to poor in the national Capital.
- Activist lawyer Ashok Agarwal to move Supreme Court against Delhi HC, on his plea HC in 2007 asked private hospitals to give free treatment to poor.
- 15 hospitals including St. Stephen’s , Moolchand, Sitaram Bhartiya and Foundation for Applied Research to gain from HC judgement.
- Hospitals earlier contested that there wasn't any provisions in lease agreement on free treatment to poor patients & hence they can’t be coerced into any such thing.
- Welfare State
- State of Healthcare in India