Biometric systems to police cops, anti-social elements
- The Bangalore city police have introduced a biometric attendance system installed in 19 police stations across the city to ensure punctuality & keep a fool-proof check on anti-social elements.
- The remaining 100 police stations will be equipped with the biometric machines soon.
- Station House Officers (SHOs) of police stations have to ensure strict implementation of the procedure for police personnel and anti-social elements listed in respective stations.
- The biometric unit captures finger or thumb print of an individual and identifies that person from database which will be stored in the bio-metrics. Personnel have to report at the appointed time and any lapse will be dealt with action including deduction of wages and other benefits they are entitled to.
- Personal data, including finger prints, will be fed in the system and all the MOB (Modus operandi Bureau) card holders, history-sheeters, rowdy sheeters, ex-convicts residing in the jurisdictional police stations will be summoned.
- Biometric machines will build a comprehensive database of anti-social elements and ensures that they are constantly monitored by the senior officers of the area for effective policing.
- Police Reforms
- Bio-metric Systems
- Modus Operandi (MO)