Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana:
- A national mission to improve farm productivity and ensure better utilization of the resources in the country.
- To attract investments in irrigation system at field level.
- Develop and expand cultivable land in the country.
- Enhance ranch (LARGE FARM)water use in order to minimize wastage of water.
- Enhance crop per drop by implementing water-saving technologies and precision irrigation.
(Source URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pradhan_Mantri_Krishi_Sinchai_Yojana)
National Agriculture Market (NAM)
A pan-India electronic trading portal which seeks to network the existing Agricultural Produce Market Committees (APMCs) and other market yards to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
NAM will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme through Agri-Tech Infrastructure Fund (ATIF).
The Department of Agriculture & Cooperation (DAC), Ministry of Agriculture will set it up through the Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC).
Benefits of NAM:
- For the farmers:NAM promises more options for sale. It would increase his access to markets through warehouse based sales and thus obviate the need to transport his produce to the mandi.
- For the local trader in the mandi / market, NAM offers the opportunity to access a larger national market for secondary trading.
- Bulk buyers, processors, exporters benefit from being able to participate directly in trading at the local mandi / market level through the NAM platform, thereby reducing their intermediation costs.
- The gradual integration of all the major mandis in the States into NAM will ensure common procedures for issue of licences, levy of fee and movement of produce.
- The NAM will also facilitate the emergence of value chains in major agricultural commodities across the country and help to promote scientific storage and movement of agri
(Source URL: http://www.arthapedia.in/index.php?title=National_Agricultural_Market_(NAM))
Promoting Organic Farming
Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
- A Cluster based programme to encourage the farmer for promoting organic farming.
- Organic farming will be promoted by using traditional resources and the organic products will be linked with the market.
- Groups of farmers would be motivated to take up organic farming under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
- It will increase domestic production and certification of organic produce by involving farmers
India signs Financing Agreement with World Bank for US$50 Million for Nai Manzil Education and Skills Training for Minorities
A Financing Agreement for IDA credit of US$ 50 million (equivalent) for the “Nai Manzil- Education and Skills Training for Minorities” was signed here with the World Bank.
The total project size is USD 100 million.
Nai Manzil scheme:
- The scheme aims at providing educational intervention by giving the bridge courses to the trainees and getting them Certificates for Class XII and X from distance medium educational system and at the same time also provide them trade basis skill training in 4 courses
- Soft skills .
- The scheme is intended to cover people in between 17 to 35 age group from all minority communities as well as Madrasa students.
- This scheme will provide avenues for continuing higher education and also open up employment opportunities in the organised sector.
Environment Minister Holds Brainstorming Meetings to Formulate Action Plan for 2016
- The Government has said that it will review the Comprehensive Environmental Pollution Index (CEPI) and install machines to gauge pollution levels in 66 cities with a population of more than one million.
- The thrust of the action plan for 2016 will be on increasing public participation, bringing down delays and aiming for zero delays.
Comprehensive Environmental Pollution Index (CEPI):
- CEPI is a rational number to characterize the quality of the environment at a given location following the algorithm of source, pathway, and receptor.
- The goal of this project is to prioritize critically polluted industrial clusters/areas based on scientific criteria.
The main objectives of the CEPI project are as follows:
- To identify critically polluted industrial clusters/areas from the point of view of pollution and taking concerted action and for being centrally monitored at the national level to improve the current status of environmental components, for example, air and water quality data, public complaints, ecological damage, and visual environmental conditions
- To facilitate the defi nition of critically polluted industrial clusters/areas based on the environmental parameter index and prioritization of an economically feasible solution through the formulation of an adequate action plan for environmental sustainability.
Indian Defence Technologies on Display at Bahrain International Airshow this Month
India is showcasing during the Bahrain International Airshow being held at Sakhir Airbase, Bahrain
- NAG: Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- HELINA: Helicopter Launched NAG Missile
- AKASH: Surface to Air Missile System
- HMS-X2: Compact Hull Mounted Sonar
- ATDS-X: Advanced Torpedo Defence System
- UWACS Micro:UWACS Test System & Simulator
- UWACS Triton:Underwater Communication System
- HUMTAS-X: Hull Mounted Torpedo Alert System
- LFDS-X: Low Frequency Dunking Sonar
- AEW&C: AirBorne Early Warning and Control System
- ASLESHA: 3D Low Level Light Weight Radar
- BHARANI: 2D Low Level Light Weight Radar
- BFSR: Battle Field Surveillance Radar