People protest against granting statehood to Bodoland
- Guwahati witnessed anti-bodoland protests where protesters blocked railway line and called for bandh.
- Recently Union Government decided to send a committee headed by former Home Secretary G.K.Pillai to Assam to look into demand of statehood for Bodoland.
- The committee has been given 9 months to consult all stakeholders and submit the report.
- Presently bodoland which consists of Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri districts is administered by Bodo Territorial Council(BTC)
- Sixth Schedule of Constitution
- Insurgents Groups in North East