Free prisoners or face U.N.: Palestine
- In exchange for the diplomatic ceasefire, Israel has only released 78 of 104 imprisoned Arabs (before 1993 Oslo Accords).
- Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) has threatened to take up this matter with UN if Israel falls back upon its promise.
- Israel has threatened that it won’t release the rest if Palestine objects to its proposal to extend the peace talks beyond the April 29 deadline which was set earlier.
- Palestine is demanding that Arab Israelis or Palestinian residents of Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem convicted of militant acts be included in the release, for which Israel objects, although both groups were included in a 2011 swap of 1,027 Arab prisoners for captive soldier Gilad Shalit.
- Palestine-Israel Peace Plans
- Oslo Accord