These villagers enjoy dual voting rights!
- 2763 voters of Parandoli, Anthapur, Bolapathar in Kerameri mandal under Chandrapur Lok Sabha constituency have voters ID from Maharastra and Andhra Pradesh govt.
- Using dual voting rights they will cast ballot on April 10 for Chandrapur Lok Sabha seat in Maharashtra and for local bodies’ polls in Adilabad dist of AP on April 11.
- Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra have been locked in a battle over their respective claims to administer Parandoli and Anthapur, comprising 12 villages.
- Adilabad District Election Officer and Collector allows voters with Andhra Pradesh EPIC cards to vote in MPTC and ZPTC on April 11.
- Voters whose left index finger will bear ink mark after voting in April 10 Lok Sabha polls to Chandrapur sear, any other finger will be marked for AP local body polls.
- Dual voting Rights
- Adult Franchise
- Exceptions to ‘One Person, One Vote’ principle