Palestinians Will Not Accept The Recognition Of Israel As A Jewish State
- Palestinians will not accept the recognition of Israel as a Jewish state and it would be counterproductive to regional stability said President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Western Countries including US have been pressurising Palestine to accept and recognize Israel as a Jewish state.
- Israel has been building settlements in disputed areas against International laws in a way to enforce its rule in the disputed and captured region.
- Palestinians fear that the call by Israelis and west for recognition of Jewish state is aimed at restricting the return of refugees from Palestine living in other nations.
- US under Secretary of State, John Kerry is mediating a peace plan between Israel and Palestine but it has not yielded any results so far.
- Israel-Palestine relations
- West bank settlements
- Gaza Strip