- Palestinian negotiators threatened to dismantle Western-backed Palestinian Authority (PA) and pass the responsibility for their territory back to occupying power Israel, if Israel fails to free Palestinian prisoners as agreed and freeze settlement building.
- According to the 1993 Oslo accords, an independent Palestinian state would have some autonomy in managing their day-to-day affairs. The PA is in a constant budgetary crisis and only manages to pay its civil servants and provide essential services because of generous funding from foreign donors. But Israel still retains overall control of the occupied West Bank and annexed east Jerusalem.
- U.S. urged Israel and the Palestinians to reopen peace talks and it beyond their April 29 deadline.
- Following a clash with demonstrators in Jerusalem, the Israeli police arrested 16 Palestinians after dispersing the crowd with sound grenades.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/palestine-warns-of-a-west-bank-walkout/article5932460.ece
- 1993 Oslo Accords
- Israel Palestine Bilateral Relations