- A fierce battle for control of Ukraine’s second largest airport in Donetsk broke out and many militias were injured as well
- Within no time after the Ukrainian Presidential election Ukrainian military unleashed full lethal force on the rebels
- Alexander Borodai, Prime Minister of the self-declared Donetsk People’s Republic, said about 100 militia and civilians died in the battle. Kiev claimed its forces had not suffered any casualties.
- Ukrainian forces issued an ultimatum to the militants in Donetsk to surrender or face destruction.
- Ukrainian forces said they would give civilians three hours to leave the city but people refused to leave their property unattended
- In Moscow, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov called for “an immediate end to the use of the army against the people and an end to any violence by all sides.”
- Mr. Putin, who sent troops to peaceful Crimea “to protect the lives” of Russians and Russian-speakers and obtained a mandate from the Russian Parliament to do the same elsewhere in Ukraine.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/over-100-killed-in-fierce-kiev-onslaught/article6055213.ece
- Ukraine Crisis