- Pakistan and UN together launched Pakistan Portfolio of projects under the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR) and called on donors to help improve the debilitating conditions of Afghan refugees.
- It also said that the onus is on the Afghan govt to ensure the return of 5 million refugees back to their country after the withdrawal of US troops by developing infrastructure to allure them, and that Pakistan is committed to ensure their dignified return back home.
- 1 in every 4 refugees of the world are Afghans with Syrians slowly taking over this number. With the cut-off date for Afghan refugees in Pakistan having been extended to December 31, 2015, the local population is getting increasingly unrest.
- Afghanistan ambassador to Pakistan said that the refugees left the country upon invasion by the Soviet, and not of their own volition.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/kabul-needs-to-act-to-bring-back-refugees/article5964653.ece
- Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR)
- Syrian crisis