- Finnish telecom equipment maker Nokia will launch a unit that will act as its central office for security processes, partnerships and guide for developing product. This is done to:
- ensure that new products have security baked in
- Enhance the portfolio of security products and services
- Develop business models around telecom security.
- Expand Nokia’s security partner ecosystem to create additional value for operators.
- The unit will bring security experts for customer operations, global services and technology and innovation teams to tackle requirements for robust telco security.
- Research to improve awareness in important area of telco business, including with open source software as mobile broadband networks are starting to evolve.
- According to Nokia’s 2014 Customer Acquisition and Retention Study Report, 75% of customers security to be the operator’s responsibility. Mobile subscribers are likely to switch operator in case of security issues, and ready to pay extra for reliable security protection.
- Nokia had plans to launch a Mobile Broadband Security Centre in Berlin for knowledge exchange with customers, business and research partners, and public authorities.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-business/ nokia-steps-up-focus-on- security/article6055188.ece
- Privacy Issues in Telecommunications
- Nokia Taxation issue
- Customer/Client Security