- DM and 5 SPs were transferred by EC, and the state was unaware of the same
- State CM Ms.Mamata, unhappy with the decision and has told a gathering that this is unacceptable and she has alleged that the ECI is hand-in-glove with other political parties
- She said that during elections if problem occurs then she will not be responsible
- The EC has decided to take action against her
- EC has control on all police officers in the State — from constables to the Director-General, it can transfer any government official according to Section 28(A) of the Representation of the People Act.
- She wants to take care of the entire law and order and has asked ECI to stay away from this.
- Representation of the People Act
- Model Code of Conduct (MCC)