- Supreme Court told not to pamper industrials who do not pay taxes but spend lot of money on advertisements.
- Industries that do not pay taxes are doing no good to the government as they do not sun without paying the taxes
- Binani Cement Ltd is yet to pay a due of Rs.150 cr sales tax, but they spend crores on ads
- Rajasthan government had asked the cement company to pay the tax dues and the state allowed the company to pay 50% taxes and the rest in 10 installments but the company further moved to High Court
- The HC ordered to pay Rs.50 cr immediately further repaying the taxes in 12 months but the company moved for relief further to SC
- Further the Bench asked the company to return to the Rajasthan High Court’s Division Bench, which has scheduled by next month
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/no-need-to-pamper-industrialists-who-dont-pay-taxes/article6157014.ece