- Pakistan PM Nawaz Shariff says granting MFN status to India postponed.
- The Federal Cabinet was slated to meet and approve MFN or non discriminatory market access(NDMA) to India but the meeting was not held.
- Opposition from various quarters including farmers plan to protest at Wagah border against granting MFN status to India because they felt disadvantaged as India has subsidies for agriculture which Pakistan did not, if market access was given.
- Pakistan PM says granting MFN was postponed due to impending elections in India and not wanting to favour any particular political party.
- India-Pakistan Bilateral relations
- Most Favoured Nation (MFN)