- Bihar Chief Minsiter Nitish Kumar protested in Gandhi Maidan in Patna to seek Special Status for Bihar.
- He accused centre of step-motherly treatment as centre has granted special status to, yet to be created state of Seemandra.
- Special Category status entitles a state to get 90% fund assistance in central schemes and states contribute only 10%. Whereas the general fund assistance for other states from centre is 70%.
- Meanwhile political parties in Jharkhand too staged in protest demanding special status for their state.
- It should be noted that Raghuram Rajan Committee had recommended special status for both Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Special Category Status for states
- Raghuram Rajan Committee Report