NGO launches child-tracking system
- The data pertaining to children are from departments like Labour, Women and Child development, Health, Education, and Social Welfare are restricted for departmental programmes only.
- An NGO-Child Rights Trust launched ‘Our Children Our Progress’ (OCOP), a system to provide a comprehensive data bank of children at the gram panchayat level.
- Collating data is to help children in need & protect the rights of children from discrimination, abandonment, child labour, child marriage and pregnancy.
- The data of 14,000 children including age, religion, caste of 20 gram panchayats of Raibagh taluk in Belgaum district is currently available in the system.
- The birth registration and school enrollment details of the child is also registered in tracking system.
- ‘Our Children Our Progress’ (OCOP)
- UN Convention on Protection of Child Rights