New Wildlife board soon to be a reality
- National Wildlife board is a statutory body headed by Prime Minister under Wild Life Protection (Amendment) Act 2002.
- It is advisory in nature and advises the centre as well as states on the issues concerning Wild Life.
- According to the rules the board must have government as well as non-governmental persons as members of the board and the tenure of last board was lapsed in September 2013.
- Constitution of a new board is significant since many heavy investment projects need the nod of wildlife board to carry out the projects.
- Wild Life Protection Act 2002
- Wild Life Board