- Modi led NDA govt at Centre likely to take a long time to take a call on Nayak panel’s suggestions on running of PSU banks’ boards.
- Recommendations of panel has touched a hornet’s nest amid all round opposition to them, but likely to set the tone for reform of financial sector
- RBI governor has come out in support of the Nayak committee suggestions, says they are answers to many woes afflicting PSU banks in India
- In Public sector banks many of govt appointed independent directors are far from qualified to discharge their roles
- Poor working of banks also blamed on govt meddling in corporate governance of these banks
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/nayak-panel-stirs-up-a-row/article6047598.ece
- Banking Reforms
- Corporate Governance