- Pakistan’s National Internal Security Policy (NISP) visualizes a deradicalisation programme which involves bringing madrassas into mainstream education.
- NISP is a route to bridge negotiations with all anti-state & non-state groups within the constitution.
- Pakistan’s prime interest is of territorial integrity and sovereignty of the state.
- The focal organisation- The National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) is to coordinate counter terrorism efforts in Pakistan with other institutions supporting NISP which will develop a National De-Radicalization Programme Design for prisoners and terror convicts.
- A major challenge is to control funding of the terrorists especially foreign funding to non-governmental organisations and madrassas by involving banks and prepare the youth for the job market.
- Islamic Radicalisation