- U.S. Ambassador to India Nancy Powell resigned on Monday
- New incumbent faces challenge of repairing bilateral ties ruptured by strip-searching of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade last December.
- Powell announced she would resign and retire to her home in Delaware before May-end.
- Powell’s removal in offing as US, Indian officials blamed Devyani episode on State Dept’s lack of understanding of political implication of action.
- A political appointee, it is presumed, will start with a clean slate without baggage of having being involved in operation to fix Indian diplomat.
- Devyani Kobragade Issue
- India USA Bilateral Relations