Multigeneration Houses In Germany
- As part of its ageing population plan, Germany has come up with a brilliant concept of ‘multigeneration’ house, consisting of a kindergarten, social centre for elderly & a hangout place for young couples in need of advice.
- This has resulted in evolution of dynamic relationships between different generations, with elders volunteering to read book to the children, offering ‘rent-a-granny’ services & children in return teaching them how to use computers & mobile phones.
- Going forward, this may replace entire care sector as families will need an extra helping hand to cope with caring responsibilities & increased pressure to reduce public costs of health & social care.
- The next step would be intergenerational living – nursing homes & nurseries under the same roof.
- Multigeneration house
- Demographic Dividend
- State of Elderly in India
- Intergenerational living