- New Modi led NDA govt dismantles all GoMs and EGoMs to ensure greater accountability and empowerment in working of various ministries
- Previous UPA govt had set up 21 GoMs and 9 EGoMs on corruption, inter-State water disputes, administrative reforms, gas, telecom pricing, on whose recommendation the Cabinet acted. 27 GoMs and 24 EGoMs under UPA II formed
- PMO note calls step ‘a major’ one, says pending matters under EGoMs and GoMs to be decided by ministries,departments for speedy implementation. PM, Cabinet Secretariat to step in, in case of difficulties to facilitate decision making process
- Congress clarified EGoMs and GoMs were meant to work as single window clearance mechanism .
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
- Group of Ministers (GoM)
- Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM)
- Single Window Clearance Mechanism