- Militants seized 2 key border cities of Iraq, killing about 21 leaders while the Iraqi forces withdrew from these places in what has been described as a ‘tactical’ move by the Iraqi govt.
- Militants were also seen entering a town bordering Syria.
- US Secretary of State is visiting Middle East and Europe to work out a pact between the fractious Iraqi leaders and has asked them to rise above Sectarianism to form a united govt.
- He also said that the US is not advocating any of those aiming to take up leadership of Iraq, and said that this is up to the people.
- He said that US is not responsible for what is happening in Iraq today, or what had happened in Libya, but has been committed to providing Iraqis to have their own governance.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/militants-seize-key-iraqi-border-towns/article6139958.ece