- Sheep, goat monitoring and maintaining with help of microchip tagging launched in Tamil Nadu on an experiment basis.
- Project started by Tamil Nadu Veterinary, Animal Sciences University (Tanuvas) at Mecheri Sheep Research Station in Salem
- 11.5 mm chips placed under skin of animal’s neck, aim is to keep record of animals in
- 50 sheep tagged, rest of 884 sheep and goat to be tagged in phases, chip costs Rs 65 to 125 per piece.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/microchips-to-monitor-profiles-of-sheep/article6021536.ece