- President of the Republic of Mauritius has said that the country will support India’s claim to become the permanent member of United Nations Organization (UNO).
- He urged the UN to reflect on the new world order and called it an injustice that India was refused permanent membership 4 times. He also called for a reformed inclusive UN.
- He also said that in Mauritius the greatest emphasis is on providing free and affordable education as that’s the definite way of liberating oppressed minds.
- He said that while religion forms the building blocks of society and a source of conflict and war, no religion by itself preaches violence. It is the duty of the righteous to speak up when the bad exploit religion.
- Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj having come across many communal editorials said that the intellectuals have failed the country.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/mauritius-to-back-indias-claim-for-permanent-membership-in-unsc/article6080486.ece
- UN Reforms
- Role of Religion in Politics