- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee blames Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for going back on the promise for helping the state, when they had formed the government. She said that he had assured of structuring the loans for supporting the state, but nothing has been done about it even after three years.
- While accusing the previous Left government for bringing about the economic disaster in the state, she also blamed the center for allowing them to indulge in unnecessary borrowing.
- She said that, the fiscal woes of west Bengal was hugely caused by the Left government who had been misusing the allocated funds of planned expenditures, and by overindulging in strikes, and ruining the state machinery. She blames them for total non-compliance of Fiscal Responsibility Budget Management (FRBM) Act
- She said that her Trinamool government has still managed to take many measures to discipline the economy of the state.
- This year, they have managed to increase the state earning to Rupees 40,000 crore.
- However, she has also expressed her inability to implement the development projects, because the center will be deducting Rupees 28,000 crore out of it.
- Center-state financial relationship
- FRBM Act