- Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) activit has seen a year-on-year drop of 16% in terms of volumes and 20% in value despite the announcement of a clutch of more than billion dollars towards 2013-end.
- Stable new govt’s swift economic policies may brighten its prospects by boosting stability and business confidence, and foreign investors will now show keen interest in assets in India.
- Sectors likely to be targets for M&A are: steel, power, cement industries, road sector, defence.
- Govt’s stance on FDI is also likely to soften, opening up avenues for international money to enter the country.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/ma-activity-to-gain-momentum-under-new-govt/article6026922.ece