- The technology, called Li-Fi or light fidelity can transmit audio, video and Internet across the spectrum of light emitted by LED lamps.
- It can transfer data @ 10 gigabytes per sec.
- It can provide full mobile Internet to every device that comes into the range of the light spectrum.
- It is an alternative to Wi-Fi because the Li-Fi device circulates and transfer safer data via LEDs that emit an intermittent flicker at a speed imperceptible to the human eye.
- In comparison to Wi-Fi the data transferred through Li-Fi cannot be hack since the internet is transmitted by light.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ lifi-data-transmission- through-light/article6218892. ece