- Karnataka govt in process of formulating legislation to put an end to open defecation and provide quality sanitation.
- Proposed legislation mainly aims at rural population of state, guaranteeing sanitation facilities to them
- Earlier move to give financial support to construct public, personal toilets has borne no fruits resulting in govt going for a legislation to deal with the problem
- Proposed ‘Karnataka Sanitary Facilities Guarantee Bill’ is said to be ready for introduction and passage
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/law-likely-to-provide-right-to-sanitary-facilities/article6047895.ece
- Open Defecation
- Karnataka Sanitary Facilities Guarantee Bill
- Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC)